Last week, while the kids were off of school because of the ice and snow, Jesse and I sat down and interviewed Kathrynne, our 16-year-old.
She answered some of your questions that you’d submitted on topics like:
- how parents can build stronger relationships with their teens
- why she feels like she can trust us
- her honest thoughts on kids and social media
- how she feels most heard and understood (and what makes her feel like we’re not listening/paying attention)
- what learning to drive has been like, and more!
In This Episode:
[00:33] We were snowed in… and then we were iced in!
[02:52] Kathrynne is joining us to answer some of your questions.
[04:39] How does Kathrynne feel about my active Instagram presence?
[05:42] What makes her feel most heard and understood?
[07:15] She shares the things we do that make her feel like she isn’t being heard.
[09:57] What advice would she give other kids younger than her?
[12:01] How can parents try to cultivate trust-filled relationships with their younger children?
[14:59] Why parents shouldn’t pre-decide that the teenage years are going to be hard.
[17:13] Ways parents can reconnect with teens who seem really distant.
[18:44] Things to consider regarding social media during the teenage years.
[20:48] Teens want to be able to make their own decisions, especially regarding their time and interests.
[27:24] What’s it been like learning how to drive?
Links and Resources:
- Love-Centered Parenting
- 10-Days to Be a Happier Mom
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: [email protected]
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is available on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can listen online through the direct player here. OR, a much easier way to listen is by subscribing to the podcast through a free podcast app on your phone. (Find instructions for how to subscribe to a podcast here.)
Ready to dive in and listen? Hit the player above or search for “The Crystal Paine Show” on your favorite podcast app.